THE RESET WEEKEND – A COMMUNITY ARTS EVENT IN SUPPORT OF RESILIENCE, CONNECTION, AND MENTAL HEALTH WELLNESS
On June 17 & 18, 2022 Delta Stageworks co-organized THE RESET Weekend, a community arts event in support of resilience, connection and mental health wellness. Together with local arts leaders and counselling professionals at Alongside You, a Ladner, BC mental health counselling provider, we put together a series of workshop events in visual arts, dance, music and theatre designed to support a mental health ‘reset’ for participants.
A very happening music jam for local musicians kicked off the weekend and workshop participants enjoyed getting in touch with their creative side:
“Thanks Delta Stageworks for the Musical Theatre workshop…It was really enlightening! Love the idea of The Reset Weekend, and hope it happens again”
Thanks to community organizers: Emile and Mike Greene, Peg and Eric Keenleyside & Meg and Andrew Neufeld.
Check out this article in The Delta Optimist.
THE EVENTS THAT TOOK PLACE!
FRIDAY JUNE 17th
- THE RESET JAM at Tsawwassen Legion
SATURDAY JUNE 18th
- Therapeutic Dance/Movement with Stefanie Tong
- Exploring Watercolours for Relaxation and Health with Meg Neufeld
- Theatre Games and Movement with Delta Stageworks’ Cory Haas
- Your Musical Theatre Moment with Tracy Neff and Tony Barton